Coming in January 2022!
Private Citizen Home Defense Shotgun w/ John Correia
This one day class is set up to give you an advance look at using your shotgun for home defense.
Private Citizen Home Defense Shotgun prepares a home defender to properly utilize a shotgun in defense of home and family in evidence-based ways. We will focus our efforts on the skills most necessary to prevail in home defense using a pump-action or semi-automatic shotgun. We will consider recoil mitigation and proper push-pull technique, accuracy standards, running the gun with speed, proper loading techniques, proper choice of defensive ammunition, patterning, and defending against single and multiple attackers.
This class will be held on Saturday January, 8th from 8am – 5pm at CowTown Range
- 250 Rounds of Birdshot (please do not bring Winchester Super X if possible – it tends to run poorly)
- 25 Rounds of the Buckshot the student intends to use for home defense
- 10 Slugs (Foster or Brenneke, but no Sabot please)
- Eye & Ear Protection
- Shotgun you use for homestead defense – preferably a pump or semi-auto shotgun in 12ga or 20ga
- It would be beneficial if the shotgun had a sling on it, but this is not strictly necessary
- Snacks & Water
- Brimmed Hat
- Closed-toed shoes & high neckline shirt
- Knee pads (optional)
- Any experience with firearms is good, some experience with a shotgun (hunting, defensive, or sport) is recommended