OVERLAND PREP COURSES
C2 Tactical offers Overland Prep courses for Arizona adventurers! Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned overland enthusiast, we have options for everyone. Overlanding is a combination of remote travel, off-roading and camping, usually involving long-distance travel to remote locations that may have little or no prior exploration. These excursions could last for weeks or even months at a time without help from the outside world. So, what are you waiting for? Book a class NOW!
Visit C2Overland.com to learn more!
Personal Protection on the Trail
PPoT/Trail Tactics courses familiarized the student with the necessities to keep themselves safe when on the trail. When over-landing, our trailer and vehicle provide shelter and protection from the elements, dangerous wildlife, and the like. Once away from our camp; we are on our own.
PPoT/Trail Tactics is divided into three areas of focus: awareness and avoidance skills, protection equipment selection, and personal protection skills. Awareness and avoidance allow one to move through the environment unmolested. If those skills fail, or an unpredictable event occurs, the equipment we have with us can mitigate any potential issue.
If we are backed into a situation in which survival is paramount, then all three factors come together to help us survive as part of our personal protection skills. Physical fitness, TASER, pepper spray, flashlights, walking sticks, and even firearms may need to be used safely and effectively.
- The Use of Force Continuum
- Levels of Awareness and Awareness Drills
- Different Types of Self-Defense Weapons for Use on the Trail
- Techniques for Defense on the Trail
- Drills and Homework for Continued Skill Development
C2 PPoT/Trail Tactics address the student at the individual level. Each will choose the gear and skills that fits their needs, the environment, and the mission.
- Choosing the Proper Personal Protection Device
- Proper Kinesthetic Alignment/ “Ready Position”
- Angles of Attack/Defense
- Proper Use of the Device
- Effective Training Methods for Skill Development
Preparing your rig, vehicle, and yourself for off-road adventures is a commitment. Items to be carried on your rig, in your vehicle, and on your person vary depending on the environment, your abilities, and your individual needs. However, there are some basics that everyone needs to understand so that they can safely enjoy their outdoors: Communications, First Aid, Protection, Water, Shelter, Navigation, and Signaling to name a few.
- Understanding Needs
- Environmental Necessities
- Mandatory Skills
- Mandatory Equipment
- Proper Planning (P.A.C.E.)
- Developing Your Plan
- Making a Rig Kit
- Making a Vehicle Kit
- Making a Personal Kit
- Bug-Out/Mobility Bag
C2 Off-Road Prep addresses the student at the individual level. Each will choose the gear and skills that fits their needs, the environment, and the mission.
This amazing course was built from the ground up in cooperation with Taser International to provide civilians with a less lethal option like never before. We are the world’s first training facility to offer this program to civilians. We worked closely with the design process of the Taser Pulse and helped write the course content they now use to certify Instructors nationwide. We are proud to finally bring it to you. In this course, you will learn the function and operation of the Taser Pulse. The legal requirements, effectiveness, and limitations. How to safely draw from the holster and deploy under stress.
Upon completion of the live-fire portion of this course, for an additional $60 you will receive a certificate of completion to demonstrate that you are a responsibly trained Taser Pulse owner.
- Proper methods to draw from the holster (support side)
- Accuracy with shooting the first shot from the holster
- Legal obligations & ramifications
- Technical specifications of the Taser pulse
- All equipment and supplies will be provided for you but you are more than welcome to bring your own Taser Pulse
- Eye protection
2 cartridges are required to be fired during the live-fire portion this course at a reactive target to receive your certificate of completion. The cartridges and certificates are an additional $60 (normally $80)
CCW 1 Basic Concealed Carry Weapon
Laws & Responsibilities:
This four (4) hour non-shooting course is designed for those seeking to apply for their Arizona Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) permit. Gun safety and owner responsibilities are covered, as are the basics of use of force and concealed carry laws.
- Introduce Basics Firearms Safety and Ownership Responsibilities
- Arizona Specific Use of Force, Personal Protection and Self-Defense Statutes
- Interaction with Law Enforcement
- Violent Encounters and their Aftermath
Requirements for Obtaining Permit:
- Be 21 years of age
- U.S. Citizen or Lawful Resident
- Submit to a Criminal Background Check
- No Felony Convictions
- Not be a Prohibited Possessor
- No Domestic Violence Convictions
- Not a Substance Abuser
§ Unless Conviction has been expunged, set aside, vacated, or your rights have been restored; not only to vote but to possess firearms & ammunition. This resulted from HB 2534 and changed Arizona law under A.R.S. 13-3112 on 9.26.2008
Additional $25 for Fingerprints if desired
CCW 2 Concealed Carry Weapon
Judgmental & Legal Use of Force:
This four (4) hour non-shooting course is designed for those wishing to learn more about concealed carry realities. The Legal Use of Lethal Force is covered in depth as is the Developing of a Personal and Home Protection Plan. Students will also get to experience a “shoot/no shoot” scenarios in our state-of-the-art interactive Simulator room. Gear and equipment for personal protection and home defense are also topics of discussion as is alternative items and methods for non-lethal personal protection.
- Understand the Legal Use of Force
- Experience Stress Induced Training
- Understand the Importance of “shoot/no-shoot decision”
- Begin developing a Home and Personal Protection Plan
- None, but recommend CCW1
Every Day Carry Principles
This course is a must for all concealed carry citizens whether you are new to the concealed carry lifestyle or a seasoned armed citizen, your time with us will be well spent. This is an interactive course where all shooters will not only be exposed with the best carry practices for their chosen firearm but more importantly how to defend it, retrieve it, and shoot it, if and when the time comes. This “all range time” course is designed to accommodate all levels of shooters and will be sure to evolve your skills and leave with a higher level of shooting performance.
- Must have completed Pistol 300 or have instructor exception
- Must have valid CCW
- Basic & Advanced Drawstroke Concepts & Techniques
- Ambidextrous Pistol Operations
- Malfunctions & Reloads
- Intro to Shooter Movement
- Shot Placement
- Mindset & Realities of a Gun Fight And Much More
1 hour class time, 1 hour Simulator Room, 2 hours range time
- 200-250 Rounds of Ammunition
- 1 Reliable Concealed Carry or Mid-sized Frame Handgun (Semi-Auto or Revolver)
- 3 Magazines Minimum (4 Single Stack Mags) or Speed Loaders
- 1 Holster and Opposing Mag Carrier (Appropriate for your Firearm and Mags)
*Ankle, Bra, Crossdraw, Shoulder Holsters are NOT permitted during this course